To improve your heart, your digestive system, your skin and your health in general you just need to add to your diet two spoons of oil per day. Because of its natural composition, our extra virgin olive oil is ideal to prevent obesity and reduce blood cholesterol. Vitamin E is the best natural antioxidant, preventing some neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer.
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil improves:
- The Cardiovascular system.
- Reduction of cholesterol.
- Reduction of blood obstructions.
- Protection against hypertension.
- Reduction of gastric acidity.
- Improves bowel activity.
- Improves liver and gallbladder function.
- The Cardiovascular System:
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has allowed US market to commercialize the Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a good for the heart food. It is shown that in countries where Extra Virgin Olive Oil is more consumed, the incidence of cardiovascular diseases is much lower.
- Reduction of cholesterol level
To expel cholesterol from the body, you need to generate HDL type proteins. Olive oil increases HDL level. Cholesterol is transported in the blood in the form of an association with certain proteins. There are two types: those that are called LDL and HDL. The latter are responsible for driving this cholesterol to the liver where it is eliminated. Olive oil increases HDL and reduces LDL, helping the expulsion of cholesterol.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil in your Diet
Reduces blood obstructions. Protection against hypertension
The blood vessels are clogged by the generation of plaques by the oxidation of LDL. Olive oil has antioxidants that prevent the oxidation, while helps in removing LDL. Obstruction of blood vessels is caused by the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in blood vessels that are gradually hindering blood flow. Hypertension occurs when the heart has to make an extra effort to pump blood. This extra effort is eliminated if we avoid clogging blood. Olive oil helps to prevent clogging and therefore helps to have a healthy heart
Reduction of gastric acidity.
- The Digestive System: Olive oil stimulates digestive secretions. In this way, digestion is healthier. “It makes my mouth water.” When it makes us salivate, we are actually helping digestion. Tasty food and good aroma, help to digest food as we accompany with more secretions. The extra virgin olive oil stimulates the digestive system to its aroma and flavour.
- Olive oil and lose weight: Olive oil helps the stomach to empty more slowly. This action generates an earlier onset of satiety which helps you lose weight. Finally, being longer in the stomach, we assimilate better nutrients.
Improves the intestine activity and liver and gallbladder function.
- Ulcers: Olive oil reduces gastric acidity. You should replace any fat with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The pain, scars and size of ulcers are reduced.
- The Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cancer. There are numerous cancers related with the type of diet (colon, breast and prostate). Olive oil is effective in preventing the occurrence and development of certain types of tumors. The reasons why olive oil is so beneficial are its fatty acid profile (mainly monounsaturated oleic acid and certain presence of polyunsaturated) and its powerful antioxidant (rich in natural antioxidants).
- Free Radicals: Free radicals are highly reactive substances that are in the origin of certain tumors. The formation and presence thereof in vegetable oils is due to the oxidation of fatty acids. The targets of this mechanism of action are the double bonds of these fatty acids. The polyunsaturated fatty acids are more sensitive to these alterations. The Olive oil has a high oleic acid content which is less affected by this process than other oils rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. Furthermore, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil has antioxidants that act as a natural defense against this process.
Health Olive Oil in Your Body
- Not all oils are equal: The process of production and conservation of olive oil will be decisive to maintain its properties. A proper treatment, based on healthy fruits, carried out at low temperature and hygienic conditions enables a greater presence of natural antioxidants in the final product. Is very important to know how to obtain the best fruit juice and also, once managed, to keep maintaining its properties intact. In Tercio de las Torres we care for this process to obtain our oil with the best essence of our land.
- The fight against aging: Extra virgin olive oil has protective effects with cellular oxidation and aging. The fatty acids in olive oil, which will be part of the cell membranes of our tissues, to be richer in monounsaturated acids will be therefore more resistant to oxidation.
- The skeletal system: Olive oil has a relationship with the absorption of calcium and phosphorus. The absorption of these two components in bone is related to the amount and type of fat in our diet. Oleic, linoleic and linolenic acids olive oil stimulate calcium absorption unlike the saturated animal fats that have the opposite effect. Therefore affects to growth and bone mineralization.
- Brain function: The high consumption of polyunsaturated fats present in seed oils in high concentrations can damage certain brain functions. There is a correlation between the level of intelligence and the rate of introduction in the diet, especially in aging. Brain functions decrease when linoleic acid contributes more than 2% of the calories and more than 0.5% linolenic acid. For its correct acidic profile and the amount of antioxidants in Extra Virgin Olive Oil it does not have these problems and is beneficial oil in the diet of elderly people.
• Oil and Infants: Studies in lactating mothers, fed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, have shown that they generate milk with optimal amounts of fatty acids. This will mean that all previously described in relation to the presence of oleic effects and its relation to other fatty acids also occur in infants.
We are pleased to attend you
In Tercio de las Torres we are open to any informattion or constructive suggestion, in orden to help us to improve daily